Ignoring Mold Leads to Big Problems

If you’ve got mold or mildew in your house, it’s essential that you take care of it right away. There are serious problems that can arise in your home if you ignore mold, and these issues could affect you for the rest of your life. Here’s what happens if you don’t pay attention to mold growing in your house.
Mold causes illnesses. The symptoms of mold exposure range from headaches and fatigue to chronic coughing and sinus infections. Repeated exposure can lead to mental issues such as difficulty with memory or concentration. Mold exposure is much worse for children—serious conditions can develop from prolonged exposure such as anemia, nausea, and skin irritations. There is some evidence as well that infants exposed to mold can develop bleeding in the lungs, which can be fatal. Pregnant women are at risk of miscarriage or stillbirth if they spend too much time around mold.
The good news is that mold most likely won’t affect the structural integrity of your home, as lumber is treated to prevent mold from causing rot. However, if the mold is left for a long enough time, there is a chance that it can cause wood rot, and your home will be unsafe.
If you see mold in your home, or your family begins exhibiting symptoms of mold exposure, you need to act quickly. Keep your family safe by staying elsewhere until the mold is removed, and contract a professional to remove it right away. Removing the mold yourself will only remove the surface level–a professional will know how much of your house is truly affected by the mold and can make recommendations for abatement.
Contact Atlantic Bay Contracting today to ensure that your home is mold-free. We also do professional mold testing, so if you’re unsure how safe your home currently is, then we can find out for you. We want you to be safe—so let us help you.